ACTE's CareerTech VISION 2017 Abstract Submission
Thank you for your interest in presenting at ACTE’s CareerTech VISION 2017, being held December 6 – 9, 2017 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, TN.
Contribute your expertise to the CTE community by helping create content. Showcase your best practices, new ideas, classroom strategies and program innovations in CTE! We're looking for a variety of formats, including lectures, hands-on labs, panels, and interactive discussions. Sessions are typically 60 minutes in length and should allow 10–15 minutes for questions. The deadline for presentation proposal submissions is Feb. 28, 2017.
Please read ALL of this information before submitting a proposal
Call for Proposal system
You must submit your proposal using our online system. Emailed, faxed, and mailed proposals will not be accepted
. You must create and account through our website in order to submit your proposal. If you previously submitted a proposal for VISION 2014, 2015 or 2016, you already have an account. Please use the search function to locate your account. If you are new, you will need to create an account.
What is the deadline to submit a proposal?
All proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. EST, on February 28, 2017.
How are proposals selected?
All proposals are peer-reviewed. In an effort to promote new and diverse groups of presenters, reviewers will give strong preference to presenters who submit sessions not previously presented at an ACTE conference. Our selection committee will be choosing sessions that feature high-quality career and technical education (CTE) programs, with proven track records of success; offer strategies for successful collaboration, implementation and innovation at the classroom, district or system level; and/or provide opportunities for participants to engage in interactive and hands-on learning activities. High-quality proposals that include best practices and "how-to" strategies are of particular interest.
What information is needed to submit a proposal?
The information gathered during this process will be used to promote the programming at VISION and to prepare marketing materials. Please be sure that the information you provide is complete, accurate and grammatically correct.
- Title of session (10 word maximum; may be edited for publication)
- Session description (Please be specific about what attendees will learn. 50 words maximum; may be edited for publication)
- Presenter(s) full contact information to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Organization/Company/Institution Name – No acronyms
- Organization/Company/Institution Address
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Presenter Bio (150 words maximum)
- Presenter headshot for use on the website/app – (Optional) Photo must not be larger than 1024 pixels and must be in RGB color format
- Detailed session information - what are the learning objectives for the session, what are the outcomes, what are the strategies that will be employed in the workshop, etc. (for use on website and review purposes only)
VISION 2017 program session categories
You will be required to choose only one category that best represents your presentation/proposal.
The categories are:
- Administration: business, management, and administration
- Business Education: communications, IT, financial, economics
- Career Cluster: sessions within the Career Cluster strand exemplify the features of the National Career Cluster Framework, supporting secondary to postsecondary transitions, the full continuum of career awareness, exploration and preparation for learners, and CTE programs of study across the entire world of work. Sessions in this strand also focus on the connection between policy and practice in advancing high-quality CTE for all.
- Engineering and Technology Education: architecture, construction, manufacturing, STEM, transportation, logistics
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education: nutrition/wellness, life management, career development
- Grants & Funding: Tools and resources to obtain funding for classrooms, programs and facilities.
- Guidance and Career Development: leadership and advocacy for school counselors, guidance and career development professionals
- Health Science Education: health occupations, human services
- Marketing Education: advertising, entrepreneurship, hospitality and tourism, public relations, social media marketing
- New and Related Services: IT, international, professional development, research, ROTC, safe schools, special populations
- Postsecondary, Adult and Career Education: career and technical training for postsecondary and adult audiences
- Trade & Industrial Education: carpentry, masonry, electrical and construction, automotive technology, HVAC, drafting and manufacturing, cosmetology
- Other, Please Specify: These are typically sessions that cover broad industry topics that don’t align with other categories, or sessions that cover multiple topics or categories.
- ALL accepted presenters MUST remit a VISION 2017 Speaker Registration fee. The discount Speaker Registration fee is $295 for ACTE members and $475 for nonmembers. This fee must be paid by July 14, 2017. Speakers who pay after this date will be required to pay the full prevailing registration rate.
- All presenters must supply their own laptop or tablets for their session to present. If using an Apple device or tablet, presenters need to provide the appropriate projector connection (dongle).
- Part of effective professional development is providing meaningful presentation materials and online resources that allow the participants to further their learning. It is expected that presenters provide electronic presentation materials, handouts and/ or follow-up materials for our event participants before, during, or after the event. Presenters are expected to develop effective interactive activities to ensure the workshop attendee the best professional development opportunity.
- Accepted speakers and co-speakers are responsible for ALL VISION 2017 related expenses, including speaker registration, travel, lodging and meals.
By submitting a proposal you agree to present at any time during the meeting. Program sessions will be scheduled on Thursday, December 7, Friday, December 8 and Saturday, December 9. Sessions will be 60 minutes in length. Please be sure to format your presentation to 4:3 format.
- Proposals that include open flame cooking demonstrations will not be accepted due to fire regulations.
- If you are submitting a proposal on someone’s behalf, please do not submit your contact information. The information entered will appear on our website and other marketing material. Please submit the information for the actual speaker(s). Please make sure you do not use all caps when entering in speaker information.
- Each person may submit a maximum of two proposals. If you submit more than one proposal, please be sure to submit them both under one username and password. Please do not create a second username and password when submitting subsequent proposals.
- If a presentation uses ANY kind of vendor materials, that information and the name of the vendor must be revealed in the program presentation information.
- Once your presentation has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email (usually within 24 hours). If you do not receive a confirmation email that means your presentation was not successfully submitted. Please be sure to click the submit button. Presentation that have not been successfully submitted will not be reviewed and will automatically be removed from our database.
Program session logistics
All meeting rooms will include a podium and mic, screen and LCD projector. ACTE does NOT provide laptop computers. It will be the speaker’s responsibility to provide their own laptop.
By submitting a proposal for ACTE's CareerTech VISION 2017, you agree to:
- Pay the Speaker Registration Fee by July 14, 2017. If not, you will be responsible for paying the prevailing full registration rate.
- Present your session on Thursday, December 7, Friday, December 8, or Saturday, December 9.
- Permit ACTE to edit presentation titles and descriptions for length and content.
- Agree to allow ACTE to use your session and contact information for promotion. Further, by submitting this information, you permit ACTE to record and redistribute your session for marketing purposes.
Proposals promoting products, materials or services will not be considered for program sessions. Individuals who wish to present at an exhibitor workshop should contact Jim Waterhouse at email@example.com
How will I know if my presentation has been accepted?
Submitters will be notified about the status of their proposal via email by April 30, 2017.
Thank you for your proposal!
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.