There’s something for everyone in CTE at VISION, a must-attend event for educators, industry representatives and business leaders. You’ll find four finite days of infinite professional development possibilities, prime networking opportunities and direct access to 4,000+ individuals representing all facets of CTE.
- Renowned keynote speakers exploring new directions in CTE
- 300+ concurrent sessions covering every aspect of secondary and postsecondary CTE
- CareerTech Expo and interactive exhibitor workshops
- Career Pavilion providing essential resources on several CTE career pathways
- Wednesday workshops and tours offering insights into focused topics and CTE programming
- Awards Banquet, a heartwarming and inspirational gathering of dedicated and passionate CTE professionals and supporters
- STEM is CTE Symposium addressing access to STEM-related career paths through CTE programming for all students and especially for young women
- Opportunities to connect, collaborate and build lasting friendships with CTE professionals from around the globe
Entrepreneur and Author
Sponsored by CEV Multimedia
This empowering entrepreneur brings an eclectic resume of accomplishments—from child television star and Supreme Court clerk to entrepreneur transforming a failing concrete subcontractor to a multi-million dollar construction services company. Isaac’s story is not what you expect – he did all of this as he was going blind. His personal journey taught him to live his life Eyes Wide Open, also the title of his new book. From his inspiring story, you’ll learn how to harness your strengths, overcome obstacles and cast your goals into sharp focus!
||Friday General Session: From Policy to Practice
More than a decade of attention and policy innovation at the federal, state and local levels has a produced a revolution in thinking about career and technical education – new ideas that can now be replicated across the country. This information-rich general session will feature a panel of state officials showcasing exemplary state CTE policies and practices—pioneering solutions for the challenges facing the nation's career educators.
Host of DIY Network's Rescue Renovation
Sponsored by Express Employment Professionals
You name it, she can build it! Licensed contractor and 2009 Stud Finder winner, McCabe will share her wealth of experiences to illustrate how CTE is truly art in the eye of the beholder. From concept to construction, she uses her unique combination of gutsy innovation and expert trade skills to tackle any home improvement project. As host of DIY Network's Rescue Renovation, this power tool ninja transforms project-challenged housing spaces into vibrant homes.
Coming Soon l November 2017
Please also note that ACTE is going green and will no longer print a program guide. We will utilize our easy to use VISION app. The VISION app will allow you to set your own agenda, connect with speakers, receive critical alerts and thoroughly navigate VISION 2017. The app will be available to download in November and we will send all conference registrants notification once the app is available.
To download, search "ACTE CareerTech VISION" in the App Store for Apple or Google Play for Android. Once onsite, you will be able to connect to WiFi to access the app. The app uses 19.6 MB for storage. More details to come.
Bigger and better than ever, VISION’s Career Pavilion will feature CTE career pathways with representatives showcasing career opportunities and resources to help you get your students excited about their future career path.
Join the most distinguished CTE professionals, programs and organizations in an evening of festivity, live entertainment and elegant ceremony at ACTE’s Awards Banquet on Wednesday, Dec. 6. Click here for more information.
Kick off your VISION experience with:
- Wednesday workshops focused on specialized topics, including
- Local tours of thriving CTE programs and businesses
- State Leadership Training Program, helping great educators become great leaders
VISION provides the postsecondary community with a venue for exploring multiple pathways to college and career readiness, networking with postsecondary CTE professionals and leveraging business and industry partnerships to enhance your CTE programs. Fifty sessions on the most current issues in postsecondary CTE will cover:
- Business, industry and education partnerships and needs
- Designing successful CTE teacher education programs
- Effective teaching strategies for adult learners
- Re-skilling the middle-aged workforce
- Promoting and attracting CTE student diversity
- College and career readiness models
- Teacher recruitment and retention
ACTE and Advance CTE are pleased to offer sessions focused on career clusters
and programs of study, a comprehensive framework for organizing high quality CTE programs and cultivating collaboration between secondary and postsecondary CTE.
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
2800 Opryland Dr.
Nashville, TN 37214
Rate: Single/Double: $159 plus a $6 resort fee, 15.25% sales & occupancy tax and a $2.50 city tax
Mention ACTE’s CareerTech VISION when booking your room.
Reserve your room online.
More travel details.
- VISION 2018: Nov. 28 – Dec. 1, San Antonio
- VISION 2019: Dec. 4 – 7, Anaheim
- VISION 2020: Dec. 2 – 5, Nashville